allaboutravelling (we, us, our or Travel Blog) recognises and values the protection of your personal information.
This policy applies only to information that Y Travel Blog collects via this Website..
Information we collect and hold
Wherever possible, you can elect to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym in interacting with us e.g. when making an enquiry.
From time to time, we may ask you to supply personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number or e-mail address.
For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up for a free eproduct, respond to a job application or an email offer, participate in community forums, join us on social media, take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support.
If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
Under no circumstances will we request any information from you that may disclose your:
- political, religious or philosophical opinions, beliefs, associations or affiliations;
- health and sexuality;
- racial or ethnic origin;
- membership of a trade union, or a professional or trade association; or
- criminal records.
We may also conduct surveys or market research and may seek other information from you on a periodic basis. These surveys will provide us with information that allows improvement in the types and quality of services offered to you, and the manner in which those services are offered to you.
How we collect, store, use and secure personal data is in line with Europe’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Personal information via the Website
We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalising the content you see).
Some of this information is collected automatically by cookies or similar tracking technologies. ‘Cookies’ are pieces of information that websites send to the browser and are stored in the computer hard-drive. Cookies make using the Website easier by storing information about your preferences on the Website. This allows the Website to be tailored to you for any of your return visits. Cookies will not identify you personally.
We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, in order to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
If you would prefer not to receive cookies, you can alter your security settings on your web browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, by disabling the cookie function in your web browser you may impede your ability to use parts of the Website.
When you leave a comment on this website, you are giving implied consent for this comment and your information to appear on our website. In leaving a comment, your name and email address will not be shared with any third party. We may use your email address solely to respond to your comment. However, we are not liable or responsible for the actions of other individuals and the unauthorized use by such information that you voluntarily share.
We have public social media accounts and social sharing options on our website. If you choose to interact on social media with us or our accounts, you are advised that any interactions on those accounts are publicly available.
If you choose to share a testimonial on this Website, we will first obtain your written permission via email before including your name and testimonial on our website.
Your option not to provide your personal information
We may from time to time run competitions or offer additional benefits to you and we may ask you to provide us with your personal details for these purposes. Providing us with this information is absolutely optional to you. However, if you do not provide your personal information to us we may not be able to contact you or give you access to the additional benefits.
You may opt out of these additional communications at any time. Please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected]
Use and disclosure of your personal information
When we hold your personal information it will be used for the following primary purposes:
- to ensure the proper functioning of the Website;
- to ensure the proper functioning of the Travel Blog business ; and
- to assist Travel Blog with our auditing, marketing, planning, billing, product development and research requirements.
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our websites and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To communicate with you.
This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services
- marketing communications (about yTravel or another product or service we think you might be interested in) in accordance with your marketing preferences
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
To support you:
This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones:
For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
To market to you:
In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites and services or through third party websites and their platforms.
To analyse, aggregate and report:
We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
We will not use or disclose (or permit the use or disclosure of) information that could be used to identify an individual member in any circumstances except:
- to ensure the proper functioning of our business and the Website;
- to communicate promotional offers and special events to you;
- to allow our trusted third parties, including our advertising partners, to communicate promotional and special offers to you;
- where the law requires us, or authorises us, or a company holding data on our behalf, to do so; or
- where you have given express consent to us for a prescribed purpose.
We will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose, share or pass your personal information onto any third parties, other than those who are contracted to us to keep the information confidential whether subject to a statute or a scheme regarding the handling of personal information.
Should a third party approach us with a demand to access your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to redirect the third party to request the information directly from you, wherever it is lawful and reasonable for us to do so.
If we are compelled to disclose your personal information, to a third party we will take reasonable steps to notify you of this in advance, wherever it is lawful and reasonable for us to do so.
Our trusted third party partners comply with Europe’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated
By using this Site, you consent to the use of such cookies and the sharing of data captured by such cookies with AdThrive, Google, and our other third party partners. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser by visiting: https://adssettings.google.com.
Third Party Partners
Our Third Party Partners who may place cookies and tracking technology on your computer or device include:
- Google Analytics – providing traffic analytics and demographics
- Quantcast – User analytics
- Ontraport – help us collect information for email subscribers so we can tailor our messaging to more personal preferences.
- Amazon – tracks products we promote via affiliate links on our site
- Commission Junction – tracks products we promote via affiliate links on our site
- Geni.us – tracks products we promote via affiliate links on our site
- AdThrive – our advertising partner who uses cookie information to deliver optimized ads to users.
- Facebook – user analytics and advertising tracking
- Twitter – user analytics and advertising tracking
- Interact – user analytics and tracking for video and email subscribers
Security of personal information
In our business, personal information may be stored both electronically and in hard-copy form. We are committed to keeping your personal information secure regardless of the format in which we hold it and we take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you use the Website at your own risk and we accept no responsibility, whether we are deemed to have been negligent or not, in the event of a security that affects your privacy.
Note that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. However, we will endeavour to protect your personal information as best as possible but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
Accuracy and quality of personal information
We will take all such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that:
- all information collected from you is kept accurate, up to date and complete; and
- the personal information that we use or disclose is, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure, accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.